TheBellSite’s goal is to help us keep connected to family and friends. However, if you stumbled upon this site, here is a little about us . . . . .
Jackie and Fran Bell
- We were married 3/09/1973
- We raised our family in Garland, TX.
- We have 2 terrific children, Paige and Travis + a wonderful SIL – Chris
- As we entered a new season of life (empty nest), we responded to God’s call to serve as missionaries with the International Mission Board.
- We arrived in Taipei, Taiwan, Sept 9, 2000.
- Our initial 3 year commitment under the (now defunct) master’s program ended July 18, 2003.
- We came back to the USA and did a “quick turnaround”. We returned to Taiwan as Career personnel.
- If you think God may be calling you to serve as an overseas missionary, visit the IMB’s website .
To those of you that contribute financially to the annual Lottie Moon (Christmas) offering or to the Cooperative Program , please know that your giving makes it possible for the IMB to send missionaries all over the world. Your giving spares us the pressure of fund raising, thus enabling us to serve the Lord Jesus Christ in a foreign land with clear focus. Thank you for your sacrificial giving.
To those of you that pray for us faithfully; we are amazed how the Holy Spirit nudges you to pray and how you are actively involved in our ministry. Each time you write and tell us how and when he nudges you to pray, we are amazed at His supernatural teamwork between us through the agent of His Spirit.
Jackie serves as an administrative assistant to the East Asia Strategy Training Associate. His computer skills and the continuous learning opportunities fit his interests like a glove. His responsibilities primarily involve support of the training efforts for the IMB personnel in East Asian. He also has the opportunity to serve as the Substitute Teaching Leader for the Evening Men’s Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) class.
Occasionally I (Fran) help Jackie and the training team with administrative responsibilities at the office. I also serve as Teaching Leader of the Day Women’s BSF class. We are amazed how the very same ministry we were both involved in back in Texas was also available here as we sought to serve the English speaking community in Taipei.
About 2/3 of the way thru our inital 3-year commitment God confirmed his call on our lives. We have now become career missionaries with the IMB. It is a privilege to see God at work in Asia, and we often hear exciting stories from other missionaries in our area. God loves all nations (Psalms 67) and we pray that the people of Taiwan will come to know Him as the One True God. Taiwan is considered the idol capital of the world; to truly understand this one must see it.
Welcome to our website and if you would like to be added to our prayer letters, please let us know.
May you know His full Grace.
Jackie & Fran Bell
© 2012 Jackie Bell
(last edited 9-6-12)